Dr Sarah Carlick is a natural innovator, impatient for change
Dr Sarah Carlick’s mission is to use creative digital technologies to transform the safeguarding landscape.
Her clear vision for the future of children and adults is now becoming a reality through:
* Leadership of conversations that spark digital innovation solutions
* International research and experience
* Reimagining traditional methods of safeguarding
* Providing a voice for all children and adults at risk
* Creation of unique platforms and digital solutions designed around the child or service user
* Changing the landscape of safeguarding practice by using technology to act as an ‘enabler’ for self referrals
* Create safeguarding applications that have been co-designed with the end user’s
* Trailblazing the design principles of safeguarding applications (apps)
Sarah Carlick’s early career convinced her that the world of safeguarding could be changed and she has dedicated herself to doing so as a
safeguarding expert and a social care tech pioneer.
Sarah started her working life as a social worker and then a probation officer, gaining experience in the public, private and voluntary sectors in the
UK, USA, Canada and Australia.
She is the founder of MeSafe – a social care tech start up dedicated to the development of safeguarding and multi-agency digital platforms and apps. Creating the world’s first safeguarding digital platform for children and young people to self refer, a safe social-technical space to Be Safe that includes a multi-agency safeguarding hub digital drop in. She had already set up her award-winning safeguarding training and consultancy,
The Athena Programme, in 2007.
Her experience is built on a rigorous academic background. She has a diploma and degree and in Social Work from Lancaster University UK, an MA in Arts-Health from the University of Central Lancashire and a PhD (also at Lancaster University) with the thesis entitled ‘Creative art based technologies for inter-agency working together for safeguarding children and young people’.
To book Sarah for an upcoming event, discuss a media enquiry or for any general questions, please complete the form below.